Just recently I bought a book to help me teach Scarlett to read. My goal is to have her reading by August (the start of kindergarten). The book I bought came highly recommended and has amazing reviews, and now I know why. We are merely on lesson 15 of the 100 lessons and she is already starting to read. Her daddy and I are amazed. I wish I had this for Davey for his pre-k lessons. Thankfully he has picked up on reading rather quickly this year and is doing great.
Here are some short videos I took with my cellphone...
Here's a picture of the book. I highly recommend it for emerging readers. It works on reading, writing and comprehension.
Here is what she will be doing by lesson 100. The author claims that by the end of the 100th lesson the child will be at a 2nd grade reading level.



Very impressive! Such a smart girl!
ReplyDelete