Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our Church

Brandon and I have been attending Redeemer's Church in Reedley for 7 months now. We just love it!! Pastor Gilbert always has such powerful messages! The series right now (called "Holy Hilarity") is on living with joy. We're going though Philippians. One of the main themes from today's sermon was that we should all live as extensions of Christ...not the other way around. It was such a great sermon. :)

A couple of weeks ago Davey was transferred from the Toddler Room to Preschool. This was a little emotional for me. My children are growing up so fast. I wish I could make it all go in slow motion ;) It is fun, though, to see his little art projects each week...they didn't do that in the Toddler Room. Also, I'm a volunteer teacher once a month in the Preschool Room, so I get to spy, which I like! Heehee. ;)
Scarlett is still in the Nursery Room. She won't move up to the Toddler Room until she's 18 months. I'm sure that will be another little emotional day for me again. The helpers in the Nursery Room love little miss Scarlett. They always have new stories or pictures of her. They call her a little Diva because she's always so dressed up. Which is so much fun for mommy! ;)
Philippians 1:21 "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."
*a theme verse from the sermon at church today* :)

5 comments:

  1. Your church sounds Christ centered, and wonderful. We are so glad you are happy there. I love the photo of Davey's art work! And Scarlett looks so happy in the nursery room. Look at all those toys! Hahaha. That makes me laugh that she is called a diva. She is one stylin' girl who rocks in all her outfits! I bet Davey is the "best dressed" boy too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe my children are best dressed.;)LOL! Although my sister's give me a run for my money with their kids dressed so cute every week! HAHA!

    Cute story, just the other day we were out and about. And in the car Davey excitedly asked over and over to go to church. He loves church! That makes B and I so happy that our 2.5 year old is already excited about going to church. Every Sunday when we announce we're going to church he runs around the house screaming with excitement. Haha! We must be doing something right. ;) No matter what my kids do in life, the ONLY thing that matters is that they live their lives for Christ! I pray that for them everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in case you're curious and have time to listen to his sermons...

    They're so good!:)

    Here's the link.

    http://www.redeemerschurch.com/dlgMediaPlayer.aspx?id=880

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are really loving the church as well Sara! I'm so glad we are going to church together! I hope my kids will someday love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet they will! The kids program is one of the best B and I have seen. :)

    See ya Sunday, if not sooner!;)

    ReplyDelete