Saturday, March 6, 2010

Reading

Davey loves to read. He actually has a lot of the words in his favorite books memorized.
The first book is called, "Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo". He needs this book read to him before every nap and bedtime. I'm sure as you listen to Davey read the last part of this book you can guess most of the words in the book.


The next book is called, "The Sesame Street Word Book". It's a wonderful picture book with every object labeled. It's one of Davey's favorite books...he has many favorites;o). On one of the pages it has the numbers 1-10. Davey knows how to count 1-10 if I point to each one, and he goes slowly. In this video he is trying it on his own, and the number 3 gives him a hard time...he wants to call it an 8. They do look similar, I can see why he does it! It's the same with V and Y in the alphabet...when he was first learning the alphabet he always mixed those up.

1 comment:

  1. What a good little reader he is! Such a smart boy! That's good counting! I am so proud of Davey!!!!

    ReplyDelete