Friday, June 25, 2010

Prayers Answered

It looks like Davey is starting to finally recover. What an answer to prayers! He was so sick and miserable the last four days. On Wednesday his high fever (average 103/104) spiked to 106. I quickly put him in an ice-cold bath (it wasn't his first cold bath either). It was pretty scary to see him so delirious. That was probably the most difficult moment during these past couple of days, seeing him so miserable and having uncontrollable shaking/chills. But the worst is over, and Davey is starting to feel a little better! Thank you JESUS!

Thanks to everyone who prayed for Davey! As you can see today he is even able to play and smile again! :o)
As you can kind of see, Davey's lips are cracked from having such a high fever for so long. Aquaphor is our friend right now.
Our poor skinny winny.
He lost a pound this week. :o( Once he gains a bigger appetite it will be my goal to help him gain that weight back quickly! :o)
Oh, and miss Scarlett seems to be doing fine!
Let's pray she doesn't catch this awful sickness.

3 comments:

  1. Sara,

    This post bring tears of relief. I am so grateful to the prayer chain that went out, and to my sibling's prayers as well. It hurts my Grandma heart to know that Davey was so sick. I felt so bad for YOUR hurting mama heart, and for HIS pitiful, little self. Thanks for your chipper, encouraging phone conversations, and for being the most amazing mommy ever. I love these photos of a healthier, happier Davey. Oh, and Scarlett too! She'd better stay well...thanks to your juggling act!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,

    Just a note of comfort: My brother, Greg had a fever of 106 when he was a toddler, and he is proof that a fever like that has no long term effect. He grew up to be very smart and successful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooooooo glad to hear he's feeling better. I've been praying!! How are you feeling??

    ReplyDelete